Fingerprinting @ the Library
Fingerprint sevices are offered through a vendor contracted with the state of Missouri for those who need an FBI nationwide background check for employment or other reasons. The library only acts as the collection site for fingerprinting, and does not have any access to background check information nor do we have fingerprint sets stored or accessible in any way.
- Fingerprint services are in the upstairs Administrative Office ONLY at 1912 N. Belt Hwy. from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. We are closed on major holidays.
- Please do not call us with questions or to make appointments. We do not have access to the appointment system.
- ALL PEOPLE GETTING PRINTED MUST REGISTER IN THE SYSTEM. You can register in advance and make an appointment or you can register on site as a walk-in but either way you will type in your own identity information.
- You can choose walk-in but we prefer you make an appointment. Walk-ins may have long waits until all scheduled appointments are taken care of.
- Most fingerprint customers will register through the Missouri Highway Patrol web site at
- You will need the 4-digit code of the agency or employer that is requesting the prints in order to register. Your employer or agency may register for you, and you should keep all the emails sent to you. These have codes that help us locate you in the system or to pay the fee.
- You need to complete the entire registration process, go past the STOP sign image to where you type in a zip code to find a location near you.
- We do not know when your background check will be completed, but on average it is 2-3 business days.
You must bring a picture ID, like a driver's license or passport, AND an authorization code, credit card, or money order for payment. We cannot accept cash for any transaction. Most fingerprint services range between $20 and $45. Some fingerprints are no charge and some are prepaid by the agency, which is why you must bring the payment code with you. You will get a receipt to submit if your agency is offering reimbursement for fingerprinting.
- Please drink water beforehand and make sure your hands are well washed and hydrated. All prints are done on a digital scanner and it does not work well with dry skin.
We have added HARD CARD also called "Print-n-Go" services to our fingerprinting. If you need this, go to https://www.identogo.com/services/fingerprint-card and put in 64506 as the zip code to register for Print-n-Go at our location.
- We do not do TSA PreCheck, Hazmat, or TWIC fingerprinting services. You need to use the Location part of registration to find the closest center that performs these services.
- If you have any questions, you can contact the IndentoGO customer service at (844) 321-2124.