E-Books on your Nook Color/Tablet
E-Books for your Nook Color/Tablet
A step-by-step guide
You will need your library card number and your PIN or password.
Checking out and reading the library’s digital materials are both done through a free app:
Installing the App
- On your device, press the “n” button, then go to apps.
- Tap SHOP NOW link at the top of the screen.
- In the search box at the bottom of the screen, type Overdrive.
- Find the Overdrive Media Console app. Tap the Free button next to the app, then Install. Your app will begin installation.
Authorizing the Device
At some point, either after the installation of your app is complete or the first time you download a book, you will be prompted to authorize your device.
- A prompt will appear on the screen telling you that “you must first authorize this application with your Adobe ID”. Tap the Get ID button and you will be taken to the “Create Adobe ID” page on the Adobe website.
- Fill in all the required fields on the registration form, then tap the Create button. If your account was successfully created, you will be taken to a welcome screen.
- Go back to your Overdrive Media Console App. Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (three lines inside a circle), then App Settings. Enter the Adobe ID and password that you just created in step 2 and tap the Authorize button. (Note: you will only need to do this once.)
Note: If you want to download the same book to another computer or device, be sure to authorize it using the same Adobe ID.
Finding and Downloading E-Books or Audios
- On your Nook, go to the Overdrive App. The main screen that you see when the app opens is called your Bookshelf. Any e-Books or audios that you have checked out will be listed here. (The app comes with a “Welcome to Overdrive” message on your bookshelf. If you want to get rid of it, hit the + next to the title, then Delete.)
- To find a book, tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (three little lines in a circle).
- Hit Get Books, then the Add a Library button at the bottom of the screen. You can search for a library by name or zip code. Typing 64506 into the search box is the quickest, then hit the Search button.
- Tap Rolling Hills Consolidated Library in the results list, then tap Missouri Libraries 2 Go (Note: if you tap the star next to “Missouri Libraries 2 Go”, it will remember it for next time). You will be taken to the Missouri Libraries 2 Go website.
- Tap Login. Select Rolling Hills Consolidated Library from the drop down menu. Type in your library card number and PIN to login to your account.
- Search or browse for an e-book title that you want to read or an audiobook that you want to listen to. When you find one that is available, click the Add to Cart button next to the listing.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Click Confirm Checkout.
- Click on the Download button next to the title that you have just checked out and it will begin downloading to the bookshelf in your Overdrive app (if you haven’t already authorized your app, you will be asked to do so at this time).
- To read or listen to the book, tap the title. To get back to your bookshelf if you are in the middle of a book, tap the bottom of the screen to get the menu bars to appear, then the back arrow at the top left of the screen.
- To remove an item or return it early, tap the + next to the title, then tap the Return/Delete button. Select “Return then Delete” to remove it from your account.
Need more help?
Call (232-5479) or e-mail (email@example.com) the library for assistance or to set up an appointment for one-on-one help. Instructional classes may also be available.